Thursday, October 15, 2009

Top 10 Awful Songs By Great Bands

by icemanflam

10. Lake Song/New Ceremonial Music for Moms - Akron/Family

I have nothing against the Lake song section of this track however the second half of this song is simply horrible...The most annoying part about it is that almost every time I tune out and when I realise I have spent the past 2 minutes listening to tribal women scream its too late... Being experimental is cool and all, but there’s a limit.

9. It's True That We Love One Another - The White Stripes
I don't care how successful you are as a band; I am not wasting my time listening to this shit.

8. Women Eye "No" - WHY?
Most people would think I view Why? as infallible...Most people are wrong, this song is filth...Look up the lyrics for proof. I expect better from you Mr Wolf.

7. Clap Your Hands! - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Possibly to worst start to an album ever...If I was a less patient man I would have stopped half way through that song and never listened to them again.

6. BTTLS - Battles
I don't care how many times people tell me this is a good song...I don't really feel like wasting almost 13 minutes of my life listening to random sounds.

5. Sufjan Stevens - Enjoy Your Rabbit (album)
I got the impression while listening to this album that Sufjan thought he could do anything and anyone would eat it up...I may give this album another chance, but not anytime soon.

4. The Mars Volta - Post Amputechture
I may have cheated with the last number and I will again with this one...The Mars Volta were my favourite band, I was actually in love with them (it was weird) and now they can do nothing but disappoint me :-(

3. Visiting Friends - Animal Collective
Another example of when a band think they are expressing their creativeness when they are actually just making inaudible sounds for 10 minutes plus...I will never understand why bands feel the need to do this!

2. All Together Now - The Beatles
Nuff said.

1. Fitter Happier - Radiohead
This song is nothing more than a blemish on a great album. Fuck you Fitter Happier, you ruined so much!

yoursongplayer

2 comments:

  1. Disagree with 'Fitter Happier', and 'Visiting Friends', but that one is possibly bias.

    ReplyDelete