Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10 Songs That Are So Sexy They Make Me Consider Some Serious Man Loving

by Listmaster Flash

10. Charlie Darwin - The Low Anthem
I only heard this band and song for the first time this week, and it has already made a top 10 list. Lead singer Ben Knox Miller's mesmerising falsetto acts sort of like a siren's call to me here. I am slowly drawn in, and then captured by his sexy manliness.

9. Thirteen - Elliot Smith
Mmm a tough area, dead man love. Elliot's beautiful delivery of this Big Star classic makes the fact that he wasn't a very attractive man completely irrelevant.

8. Arms Of A Woman - Amos Lee
Amos' soulful voice is the key wooing factor here. It makes me ignore the context of the song (I'm pretty sure it's about his mum), and just imagine that he is singing about me (this makes even less sense in the context of the song).

7. Lets Get It On - Marvin Gaye
No sexy song list would be complete with out this track. If for some reason you haven't heard it, have a listen below and it will do all the explaining for you.

6. Thin Air - Pearl Jam
Ah Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder, my main high school man crushes. The year 2000 was Eddie at his best and sexiest, no matter what all the die-hard Pearl Jam fans say. The good 3000 times I have listened to this song have made this an all time favourite.

5. Tyrone - My Morning Jacket
Another cover sung by a man who arguably isn't very appealing to the ladies. Despite Erykah Badu's original being a slap in the face to all men, this has a way of seeming so damn sexy.

4. Into My Arms - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Do not want to ruin my all time songs list which will eventually feature on this blog, but this is a frontrunner for number 1. Nick Cave's simple but beautiful song writing here is something that is hard to resist by members of either sex.

3. Debra - Beck
I'm pretty sure this song is a joke upon Beck's behalf. Especially with lyrics such as:

"Like a fruit that's ripe for the picking'
I wouldn't do you like that
Zankou Chicken"

But really, when it comes down to it, the sexy bass lines, horns and falsetto make this one damn near irresistible.

2. If You Ever Need a Stranger (to Sing at Your Wedding) - Jens Lekman
Jens is not only largely responsible for my long relationship I have with my girlfriend, but also for a very long term man crush. I could pick any Jens song, and get a serious craving for man love out of it.

1. Everybody Here Wants You - Jeff Buckley
This is the sexiest song ever. No questions asked. Jeff's heavenly voice, mixed with the proven sexy formula of slow drums, and some heavy bass, works every time. I am slowly removing my clothes even thinking about it.

yoursongplayer

2 comments:

  1. Dude! What a great idea for a blog. Thanks for the ideas for sexy songs. I have a few to add:

    "ball & biscuit" – white stripes
    "make love all night long" – tv on the radio
    "lover’s day" – tv on the radio
    "take a ride" - luscious jackson
    "letitgo" - prince
    "back in the day" - erykah badu

    and pretty much anything by Maxwell or D'Angelo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for liking the blog! great suggestions (especially the badu and white stripes love). if you have any other ideas for a top ten feel free to create a list.

    ReplyDelete